Here’s What You Can Expect from your new piercingAt first, it is normal that you may experience some bleeding, bruising, swelling, and some soreness, this is all expected during the piercing aftercare process. During the healing process your skin is beginning to tighten around the jewelry as you heal which may lead to some discolouration, itching or some whitish-yellowish fluid. Again, this is all normal. If the pain begins to become severe, than you should get back in touch with your piercer. Keep in mind as well that different people and different parts of the body heal faster than others. If your friends lobe piercing completely healed in two weeks, it doesn’t mean your navel piercing should be healed in a similar timeline. An experienced piercer will be able to give you a healing timeframe that applies specifically to your piercing.
Body Piercing Type
- Ear lobe piercings --> six to eight weeks
- Ear cartilage piercings -->four months to a year
- Eyebrow piercings --> six to eight weeks
- Nostril piercings --> two to four months
- Nasal septum piercings --> six to eight weeks
- Nasal bridge piercings --> eight to ten weeks
- Tongue piercings --> roughly four weeks
- Lip piercings --> two to three months
- Nipple piercings -->three to six months
- Naval piercings --> four months to one year
- Female genitalia piercings --> four to ten weeks
- Male genitalia piercings --> four weeks to six months
- Cheek piercings --> four to five months
Proper Piercing Aftercare InstructionsWe don’t have to remind you that once your new piece of jewelry is in your body that the process isn’t over. Please review the following simple aftercare procedures to properly take care of the sensitive area of skin.
- Follow the Instructions
- Hands Off!
- Clean Your Piercing Properly.
- Careful now!