So what are the best places to get a tattoo on your body?
- Upper Chest
- The upper chest is one of the most popular tattoo places that Mississauga residents often consider for their new ink. This area of the body tends to be covered up most of the time by clothing so your tattoo will not be exposed to the sun too much. It’s important to note that too much sun exposure can make the colours in your tattoo fade over time. You may also want to think about getting a collarbone tattoo that can be easily covered with a scarf when you head outside. Another advantage of getting an upper chest tattoo is the low risk of stretching as you age. This means the shape of your tattoo will most likely stay the same as time goes on.
- If you want a bigger design, the forearm tattoo is a great choice. It’s not as easy to hide, but you can wear a sweater or a long sleeve shirt if absolutely necessary. A big plus to getting a tattoo on your forearm is the minimal pain factor since the needle will have a lot more cushion as opposed to getting some ink on your rib cage.
- Finger tattoos are a great choice because they allow you to conceal your tattoo with rings but can also be accentuated with different types of rings and hand jewelry. If you want something small and dainty like fine-line work or a scripted word, fingers are a great place to get your ink. The pain will most likely be more intense because the needle will be close to the bone. However, since the area is so small, the pain should not last long.
- Consider getting your tattoo on one of your calves. This area is a great choice because there is minimal pain involved. It’s also a part of the body that isn’t affected by aging so you won’t have to worry about your tattoo losing its shape later on. This a good option if you’re considering having a child soon because calves tend not to stretch like the abdomen does during pregnancy.
- Upper Thigh
- Since the thigh is a larger body part, you can go big and bold with your tattoo piece. Tattoos on the upper thigh can also be easily hidden with clothing, but just because you have a tattoo doesn’t mean you have to avoid going out in the sun at all costs. If you do decide to go out, make sure to use a generous amount of sunscreen to protect your skin and ink.
Our Favourite Tattoo Aftercare Products
After InkedAfter Inked Tattoo Moisturizer delivers effective skin moisturization and helps to preserve the colours of your tattoos. There's no petroleum so it won't stick to or stain your clothes. This moisturizing skin lotion, enriched with Grape Seed Oil, can also be used on any permanent makeup procedure on lips, brows, eye liner, and areola, as well as an after-laser tattoo removal moisturizing lotion. After Inked is Dermatologist tested, non-allergenic and non-irritating.
PurSanPurSan Aftercare is a specially formulated Vegan skin cleanser used to clean and moisturize as part of an aftercare regimen for fresh tattoos and piercings. It revitalizes, refreshes and purifies skin without drying it out. Gentle yet effective, PurSan contains no parabens, fragrances, colourants or alcohol. Chloroxylenol (PCMX) is a proven antimicrobial ingredient shown to be effective against bacteria and viruses without burning or irritating the skin. Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose (Hypromellose) is an ultra-high grade lubricant ideal for sensitive skin.
Bottom LineWherever you decide to get your tattoo, make sure it will work with your lifestyle. If you spend a lot of time outdoors, consider getting your tattoo placed somewhere it won’t be exposed to the sun too much to avoid colour fading. If you don’t want to experience too much pain while under the needle, get your tattoo done in area with a bit more cushion-like your upper thigh or forearm. All tattoos need to be cared for no matter where they are at on your body. Make sure you find the right tattoo parlours in Mississauga to have your work done at.
Ready to Explore Places that People get Tattooed in Mississauga?
At Chronic Ink Tattoo, one of the best tattoo shops in Mississauga, our talented artists are ready to help you explore tattoos to make sure you find something you’ll want to show off for decades to come. If you’re in the Mississauga area drop by our shop and check us out for yourself.Tell us Your Idea
Tattoo Studio Locations
378 Yonge Street, 2nd Floor, Toronto, Ontario M5B 1S6 Directions
252 Eglinton Ave East, 2nd Floor, Toronto, Ontario M4P 1K2 Directions
7381 Kennedy Road, Unit #105, Markham, Ontario L3R 5B5 Directions
100 City Centre Dr., Unit #2-311, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 2C9 Directions
1804 W 4th Ave, Vancouver, British Columbia V6J 1M3 Directions
Looking for your next Tattoo Idea?
Browse our selection of one of a kinda tattoo designs created by our Chronic Ink artists. Each piece is individual and will only ever be tattooed once.